Tuesday, February 12, 2019

light and dark

it's so strange to me how people insist on differentiating things. this is rock and that is pop, this is music and that is noise, this is noise and that is motion, this is motion and that is heat. it's all the same when you get right down to it, yeah? even such basic concepts as darkness are ultimately shams. darkness is just the perceived absence of light. hardly much to get worked up about, yet you'll hear people say they're afraid of the dark, like it's some sort of entity in its own right. or you'll hear people talking about being people, and not just collections of smaller organisms, which, in turn, are collections of cells. it's all just a matter of opinion, yes?

i think that line of thinking is tearing me to parts inside. but i can't refute it, as much as i'd like to abandon it. i just can't see a way to deny the truth.

what's even the point? deluding myself because reality makes my head hurt and my heart hurt worse... what a sham that would be.

what a magnificent little sham.

4 comments:

  1. Light and Dark, is this Kingdom Hearts now?

    Also that sounds a lot like depression, dude. Leaf says you should probably try to find professional help for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um... fuck?

      i feel like therapists and murderous, tax-evading worshipers of what amounts to the folkloric devil don't mix. i mean, maybe that's just me.

      yeah. probably just me.

      Delete
    2. Probably not, but I now really really want to go to a therapist now just to see what they'd diagnose me with...

      Delete
    3. probably a particularly violent variety of antisocial personality disorder.

      (i'd know. i took a single psychology class in high school. practically an expert.)

      Delete